Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Best Blog Ever

Hey there readers!  It's your favorite book blogger again.  I'm going to be blogging over The Maze Runner, by James Dashner.  I have started to stray away from my reading goal after the last blog.  That kind of upsets me, because I thought I was doing very well with progressing in my time reading.  After this blog, I am going to be reading a lot more to make up for the time lost when I wasn't reading very often.  I have been reading The Maze Runner for the past week, reading about 15-25 minutes each day.  So far, I'm about three fourths of the way through the book and I couldn't be more engaged.

So far, my favorite part of the novel has been when Thomas went and saved his friend from inside the maze overnight. At night, the "greavers" come out and hunt through the maze.  Thomas ran through the maze because Minho, the leader of "the runners" was still in the maze right before the doors closed for the night. Minho, turns out had been hurt running through the maze trying to find a way out for the others.  Thomas found Minho and helped them survive through the night while avoiding all the greavers.  A quote that Thomas came into the Glade with, was "Wicked is good." (Dashner)  He doesn't know what it means, but the quote pops up in various spots throughout the book.  A quote that stuck out to me more than anything else in this book was a quote from a main character, Alby, and he said, "If you ain't scared...you ain't human." (Dashner) This quote connected the whole book, because the characters throughout the book are constantly scared of the greivers that haunted them in the book.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you always try to read everyday. That's true dedication. The blog is very well written and I like how you described the book. I shall read the book over the summer because I have heard a lot about it.

    ReplyDelete